Marcus Peter Stoinis represents the Australian national team in limited overs cricket. He is an Australian cricketer. He now has domestic contracts with Western Australia and Melbourne Stars. He was also previously an all-round player for Perth Scorchers and Victoria.
|First and last name
|Marcus Peter Stoinis
|Height in feet inches
|6 feet 1 inch
|Date of birth
|August 16, 1989
|33 years old
|Perth, Western Australia
Marcus Stoinis Biography
Marcus Stoinis, aged 31, was born on August 16, 1989 in Perth, Western Australia. The name of Marcus Stoinis’ mother is unknown, and his father is Chris Stoinis. Marcus Stoinis’ sister is called Natasa.
Marcus Stoinis is an all round Australian striker who strikes right handed and is usually a medium pacer. In 2008, Stoinis traveled to Malaysia with the Australian Under-19 World Cup team, which included Phil Hughes, Josh Hazlewood, James Pattinson, Steven Smith and James Faulkner. At the age of 19, Stoinis earned his Western Australian debut in January 2009. He chose to move to Victoria for the 2012-13 season, although he was unable to establish himself as a consistent starter.
Marcus Stoinis Height, weight
It measures almost 185 cm in centimeters, 1.85 m in meters and 6′ 1″ in feet. This man weighs 176 lbs in pounds, or 80 kg in kilograms. The most recent weight is available here. The weight fluctuates from time to time. His hair is dark brown and his eyes are black.
- Marcus is a powerful batter and a very useful medium-paced bowler. He was part of the Australian squad that participated in the 2008 ICC Under-19 World Cup in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. His teammates included the likes of Phil Hughes, Steven Smith, Josh Hazlewood, James Pattinson and James Faulkner.
- He made his first-class debut for Western Australia in the 2009–10 Australian domestic season not long after his comeback. However, he didn’t get many opportunities and soon moved to Victoria, where he has been present ever since.
- He eventually reached the legal drinking age in the 2014-15 Sheffield Shield competition after competing in four first-class seasons. During the season he ran for 785 runs with a respectable average of 49.06.
- He was accepted into the Australia A team that visited India for a triangular series between India, Australia and South Africa after such a fantastic first-class season. He was eventually selected to the national team for the One Day Internationals and the one T20I against England in 2015 after some fantastic runs for the Melbourne Stars in the Big Bash League.
- Before the 2016 IPL player auctions, Marcus Stoinis already attracted attention and was eventually signed by the IPL team Kings XI Punjab.
- He has been the only source of hope for Kings XI Punjab all season. He finished with 146 runs in five innings and eight wickets. He had few opportunities in the 2017 IPL, which prevented him from contributing much.
- Stoinis was the Stars’ highest scorer in the 2018/19 Big Bash League, with 533 runs at a stroke rate of 53.30 and 14 wickets
- Stoinis hit 147 off 79 balls against Sydney Sixers on January 12, 2020 to become the Big Bash League’s new top scorer
- He was selected in the Barbados Tridents’ Caribbean Premier League roster in July 2020
Net Worth of Marcus Stoinis
Marcus Stoinis’ estimated net worth is $1.2 million (Rs. 9 crores). The money he receives from Cricket Australia as a professional cricketer forms his net worth. Marcus Stoinis’ net worth also takes into account the money he gets from Western Australia for his domestic cricket commitments. At the December 2019 Dream11 IPL 2020 auction, the Delhi franchise bought the 31-year-old for their 2020 squad. According to the deal, Marcus Stoinis’ 2020 IPL price is 4.8 crore (US$670,000). The IPL award for Marcus Stoinis in 2020 and 2021 was Rs. 48,000,000.
Marcus Stoinis girlfriend, dating
Sarah Czarnuch and Marcus Stoinis are currently dating. Sarah is an Australian model, fashion designer and writer for the beauty department of GT magazine. Stoinis used to be in a steady relationship with Stephanie Muller. Before the couple broke up in 2020, the couple dated for a very long period of time.
Awards and Achievement
- “Match of the Day”
- In April 2018, Cricket Australia gave him a national contract for the 2018-19 campaign.
- He was chosen to represent Australia in the 2009 Hong Kong Super Sixes due to his powerful striking ability.
- The 2016 Indian Premier League saw Marcus Stoinis’ IPL debut. He helped the Kings to a defensible goal of 161 with a fantastic 33 on just 20 or so passes. However, he failed to get a wicket and allowed 27 runs in his two overs.
- In a benefit match between the World XI and Nepal, Stoinis played with former Sri Lankan captain Sanath Jayasuriya. At the Kinrara Academy Oval in Kuala Lumpur, he demonstrated his prowess with the bat by scoring 48 runs off just 29 balls during the T20 match.
Janice has been with businesskinda for 5 years, writing copy for client websites, blog posts, EDMs and other mediums to engage readers and encourage action. By collaborating with clients, our SEO manager and the wider businesskinda team, Janice seeks to understand an audience before creating memorable, persuasive copy.